Monday, May 18, 2009

WaWa! - Hands down the oldest chowchow thus far.

Real name or Nickname: WaWa best friend

Age: 39

Location: Singapore

My chowchow is called: Initially called MeiMei, now called WaWa by my family

My chowchow is a...: Rare soft toy which till now, never seen a similar one in this world yet

Number of chowchow years it has lived: 39

History of my chowchow: Someone (i could not remember who??) gave it to me since i was born. Had been with me all these long long years. She even stayed with me while i was staying overseas for 4.5yrs. My overseas friends saw it & laugh at me & say it looks like voodoo doll! But i look at her or you guys look at her, the cheerful face she has, will cheer me up or anybody up. She had been through operating table (sewing) few times through the years, but now too fragile to go through another round.

When was the last time your chowchow had a bath?: She is scared of Water, & too fragile to go for a swim, so never had one!! The brown cloth on her had turn to 'leather' through the years! & the special smell that come with it is so unique that no such perfume with this smell ever invented yet.

My family's relationship with my chowchow: My kids know this is papa WaWa, Must handle with Care, & is the Queen of all my family soft toys (about 150s of them roaming the house!) My wife once ask me, she is more important or my WaWa?? Haha, i really do not know the answer. Guess you guys or girls know my answer. I once told my wife, WaWa will never scold me, but she will.

My bed partner's relationship with my chowchow: She (WaWa) is always sleeping next to me & my wife sleep the other side of me. Now she (WaWa) has 2 other friends sleeping next to her (not in photo) namely BearBear & BigFoot (Both given to me by my wife as Birthday present). She accepted WaWa as a family members.

Finally, I love my chowchow because…: She is there always with a cheerful smile :-)(I wish she could talk). Make my day. She will be with me as long as i am in this world.

10 comments:

mychowchows said...

Her arms really have the leather look! What material is it? spongy?

Anonymous said...

Feel like leather now. Cotton inside. Feel medium soft when press hand/legs. But all made of everyday cloth. You can imagine how long she did not take a bath already. Germs also scare to land on her. Haha!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Looks 'leathery'!! What colour was it supposed to be originally??

Drummer said...

If i did not remember wrongly, thgt i saw a similar one in the Mint Toy Museum

Anonymous said...

Where is Mint Toy Museum?

Lulu said...

She's so old! :) chow chow lives because we love them!

Anonymous said...

Originally light brown in colour, you can still see some of the light brown cloth (become dark brown now) at the joints of the legs where it bend. Centre tummy is another cloth sewed on it about 20yrs back as the original one torn.

Drummer said...

The Mint Toy Museum is somwhere near the Raffles Hotel, opposite Bras Bahsah complex...

http://www.emint.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for info, found it in the internet at 26 Seah Street (9.30am to 6.30pm, tel:62870060) Will bring my family there to find wawa!?

Anonymous said...

Just went to Toy Museum today, unable to find similar one there:-(