Thursday, May 22, 2008

What are chowchows?

What are chowchows?

Chowchows are personal items that you cannot sleep without! It can be your precious comfort pillow, a favourite safety blanket that you have to bring along for trips or a soft toy that you have to cuddle to sleep. They come in all shapes and sizes! A chowchow usually has significant history, either growing up with you, a result of a special event or a gift from a love one.

What is mychowchows.blogspot.com?

We like to see ourselves as a museum for chowchows, for them to be eternally immortalised! We know your chowchow means a lot to you. Share it with us. You can choose if you want to be identified (even appear in your chowchow picture!), or remain a mystery. Send us a photo of your chowchow with a brief history and answers to some of the questions in our template.

From us,

the chowchowers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have chowchows too!!!! I have 2 plush horses and a baby blanket. I love them the most!!!

My horses are named Rocky and Cutie Pie, my blanket doesn't have a name. I got Cutie Pie (very soft plush horse) on Chinese New Year 2009, Rocky (a plush mustang) for my b-day last year, and my blanket 3 1/2 years ago. They only sunbathe (I washed the blanket last summer). My family is fine with them. I love them because they sleep with me.

-Ilovehorseyrides, age 18 (turns 19 next month), from Philadelphia USA

Anonymous said...

This is my chowchow info:

ILHR's "Blankie" and horses chowchows!!!!


Real name or Nickname: ilovehorseyrides

Age: 18 (Turning 19 next month)

Gender: Female

Location: Philadelphia USA

My chowchow is called: Horses: Cutie Pie + Rocky; Blanket: has no name

My chowchow is a...: Cutie Pie is a stuffed horse, Rocky is a Yomiko Classics stuffed mustang, and my blanket is a Korean mink baby blanket

Number of chowchow years it has lived: Cutie Pie, 2 years 1 month; Rocky, 11 months; Blanket, 3 1/2 years

History (and stories) of my chowchow: I got Cutie Pie on Chinese New Year 2009. I got Rocky on my 18th birthday. I got my blanket summer 2007. I was gonna name my mustang "Pharaoh" (after the Ancient Egyptains rulers), but my sister said no naming him that.

When was the last time your chowchow had a bath? I washed my blanket last summer, but my horses NEVER take baths. (they hate it). They like sunbathing.

My family's relationship with my chowchow: They are fine with it.

My bed partner's relationship with my chowchow: I have my own bed!!!!

Finally, I love my chowchow because...: They sleep with me and NEVER leave my side when I want to cuddle them


-ilovehorseyrides

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I also use my horses (mainly Rocky) to fart at my sister when I'm provoked.

Anonymous said...

The time I went to Disney World was the only time I ever took my stuff along with me. I stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and since it was not my bed or my room I took my former chowchow along with me so I could go to sleep easier (it had my bed's/my smell on it). It slept near me (not under my pillow). And the next morning I tucked my chowchow back into my suitcase because I thought that housekeeping would throw it away...:P. (If I found that chowchow gone, I would FREAK OUT). Next time I go to Disney World and stay at another resort, all 3 of my current chowchows are coming along with me.

-ilovehorseyrides