Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lulu's Blankey! - Our Oldest Chowchow!



Real name or Nickname: Lulu

Age: 29

Location: Singapore

My chowchow is called: Blanket, Blankey

My chowchow is a...: Blanket ( 3 blankets. One used at a time.)

Number of chowchow years it has lived: 29

History of my chowchow: The Grandmother of Lulu gave her 3 blankets when she was born. Lulu saw one of them in the ancient photos taken when she was "Mun-yue"(of 1month old). Oh... She simply loves how the blanket rub against her face. To her, it's just the most perfect thing in the world.

For 12 years, she alternated the 2 blankets, a pink and a white one, not knowing of the 3rd blanket's existance. They became so ripped-up, and she had to sew it onto another piece of cloth. For years, she asked her mom where exactly did they buy the blankets, and if she might be able to locate the shop. Some chinatown shops, they said. She did went to Chinatown and the baby sections of Shoppingmalls to search. To no avail.

When she was around 12, her mom told her to check with AhMah, her granny, if she still have a third blanket. With Lots of Blessings... she was given the Orange blanket. And a timely discovery, the 2 old ones were too ripped up for use. She packed them in the shoebox and retired them to the back of the closet.

Over time, orange one too became too ripped up to use.

She did took over her little sister's blankets to use. Not the exact replacement. But close.

When was the last time your chowchow had a bath?: 6 months ago.

My family's relationship with my chowchow: They fling it around.

My bed partner's relationship with my chowchow: No bedpartners yet... except the bloody fleas and stupid toys.

Finally, I love my chowchow because…: I love how it smells, how it feels beneath my nail. It is not hot, not cold, it snuggles well around my neck every morning when i brush my teeth. I love to rub my nose against it when I watch TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know what kind of blankets they are??? I would love to buy them for myself!!!! Where can I find them???

-ilovehorseyrides