Friday, May 22, 2009

Nicole's Dolly Polly!

Real name or Nickname: Nicole

Age: 22

Location: East Singapore

My chowchow is called: Polly

My chowchow is a...: rag doll with a removable frock. The bonnet and shoes are sewn on though.

Number of chowchow years it has lived: 15!

History of my chowchow: From what my mama tells me, Polly was a gift from her colleague.
Back then, I already had a chowchow - a small pillow in a cute blue cover with cat prints that my grandmama handmade - so Polly used Pillow as her, well, pillow.

They were my nighttime companions til one day I came home from school and Polly was not in her usual place, propped up against Pillow. My heart, I remember, turned cold. I ran to my mama, knowing she had a hand in Polly's disappearance. It turned out she had thrown her away. I threw a real nasty tantrum with the waterworks in full swing. I guess my mama expected that and she hastily dug Polly up from somewhere. She had wanted to test me, to see if I would notice if Polly was gone. -______-

A few years later though, when it was time to shift, my mama issued me an ultimatum, to either get rid of Pillow or Polly. After much heartache, I had to part with Pillow.

When was the last time your chowchow had a bath?: That was subject to my mama's whims and fancy. But ever since I developed a sensitive nose, the moment I start sneezing, it was time for a bath. Her cotton's become so lumpy.

My family's relationship with my chowchow: For now, it's all quite civil. Since she's in a box and all.

My bed partner's relationship with my chowchow: I grew up and got a boyfriend. And he bought me a pink plush bunny, which co-existed alongside Polly rather well. He had to go and get me a bigger version of aforementioned bunny and well, my bed isn't big enough for the three of them. I have relegated Polly to a clear Ikea box in the wardrobe. It spares her from baths too.
I am taking her out once I shift this month when I finally have my own room!

Finally, I love my chowchow because…: I used to be a very emo kid, (still am) and she would be there for me everytime. Now, I take her with me whenever I travel, as if I'm repaying her for all those years she was stuck with me.

No comments: