Thursday, May 21, 2009

JL's Schooled Soaring Parrot!

Real name or Nickname: JL

Age: 24

Location: Singapore

My chowchow is called: Parrot

My chowchow is a...: Soft toy parrot resembling a military macaw due to its overall green appearance.

Number of chowchow years it has lived: Since 1996, about 13 years

History of my chowchow: It belonged to my much younger cousins. My granny would bring me along to visit my grandaunt's place quite often (as we lived in adjacent blocks). Though my cousins had many toys, I have always liked this soft toy parrot. I cannot understand why but it just stood out from the rest. Whenever I went, I would look for it.

One day, I heard they were discarding the old toys and to my delight, the parrot was one of them. I picked it up and brought it home. As they say, the rest is history.

When was the last time your chowchow had a bath?: Just before Chinese New Year (CNY). It is almost a tradition that it showers twice a year. The first will be just before CNY and the second will depend how hard I pester my mum to wash her.

My family's relationship with my chowchow:
At first, they think I am crazy as I personified Parrot. I would imagine it goes to school like normal children. After running out of ideas where it went, from primary to secondary school, I have decided that it goes to a 'bird' school where it learns life skills to prepare for adulthood just like human beings.

After awhile, they are fine with it. Occasionally, my family plays along with me and it was great fun. I believe it's a way of exploring our creativity just like in cartoons. In cartoons, anything and everything is possible!

My bed partner's relationship with my chowchow: N.A.

Finally, I love my chowchow because…: She reminds me of my childhood. Whenever I am down, looking at her lifts my spirits up. She is nice to have at my bedside.

1 comment:

mychowchows said...

Parrot's colours still look wonderful all these years! Must be all that self grooming at bird school heh!