Monday, May 18, 2009

SA's Bunny! - [ED: last sentence really pulled at my heartstrings]



Real name or Nickname: SA

Age: 21

Location: Melbourne

My chowchow is called: Chao Chao Bunny (#2)

My chowchow is a...: bunny stuff toy

Number of chowchow years it has lived: 16

History of my chowchow: 1988 - Age 1, I received chao chao bunny #1 for my birthday and immediately became my favourite toy.
1992 - Mum couldn't stand the tattered bunny it had become that was both smelly and to her 'unsightly', she threw it away
1992 - I was so distraught and visibly missing my chao chao that Mum felt so bad that she went back to the store Chao Chao #1 was originally was bought from (Metro) to buy a new one for me. She couldn't find the exact one - but we did find one that was similar.
So that's how Chao Chao bunny #2 entered my life.

Since then - she's gone on holidays and travels back and forth from Singapore - Melbourne.

When was the last time your chowchow had a bath?: 6 years ago (too many holes now, she won't survive a bath)

My family's relationship with my chowchow: The victim of my brothers and my cousins of endless threats of rabbitnapping and other acts of torture (hanging her with a taekwando belt)

And constant threat from my Mum, who thinks it's time for her to go (she's thought it's time for 8 years now)

My bed partner's relationship with my chowchow: No bed partner but in hostel, my roommate abused the poor thing by covering her whole surface areas with clothes pegs

Finally, I love my chowchow because…: The very smelly, lumpy and torn remains of my beloved chao chao has been with me through everything significant since I was 5.
She's celebrated every victory and absorbed (literally) every failure. [ED: LOL ouch...]
Right now she's in a very critical state but I'll always love chao chao just the way she loved me when i felt unloved.

[ED: The last sentence of this submission is, to me, the most emotional I have read thus far.]

No comments: