Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dr_J's Stinky Pilly! Pillows can have Jetlag too!

Real name or Nickname: Dr_J

Age: 35

Location: Clementi

My chowchow is called: Stinky Pilly

My chowchow is a...: very small Pillow with hardly any cushioning effect.

Number of chowchow years it has lived: 20+ years

History of my chowchow: It's probably the third generation. In its early beginnings, it was plump with cotton but now it's quite flat. I usually take it along when I am travelling overseas since I often have trouble sleeping on unfamiliar beds although I don't like the fact that it smells weirder when it is kept in the suitcase. It also takes time for the old familiar smell to re-manifest again. A case of pillow jetlag, I think. [ED: LOL! Learning a new term everyday]

When was the last time your chowchow had a bath?: My mother takes it out for a sunbath every few days when I am not at home. Every couple of weeks, the pillow case gets washed. It smells the best when there is a balance between no smell and too smelly. Yes, even I myself will take it out for a sunbath when it gets too stinky.

I would love to do a post-mortem of Stinky one day to see what kind of creatures live in the cotton---but only when the other standby, nameless pillow has been successfully seasoned.

My family's relationship with my chowchow: On and off, my mother will try to talk me into giving it up. She keeps saying it's unhygienic. I think it's relative.

For a while in the past, my mother would secretly chuck it into the waste basket in my room when I was not at home. But she probably anticipated the severe reaction from me as she didn't chuck it down the refuse chute. I managed to rescue it intact from the waste basket a few times. Paranoid, I would immediately check whether Stinky was still around as soon as I stepped into the house. Both Stinky and I were traumatised for a while. But those days are over. I hope.

There is another pillow on my bed which is supposed to replace the current. But it has been seasoning there for a few years without any luck in acquiring that familiar smell.

My bed partner's relationship with my chowchow: It's not to be shared. I don't want it contaminated.

Finally, I love my chowchow because…: It has absorbed my smell/pheromones. It helps me, a light sleeper, to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, it seems that Mum always bully our Chow Chow. My Mum does exactly what your mum did, until i "scold" her and demand that she never ever shld sun tan my Chow Chow again...cause it will lose its fragrance..

Anonymous said...

simply irresistable isnt it?!

but your chowchow pillow is also quite clean and well-kept... not torn or raggy with much weight-loss...

sniff them more... i bet it's an affection that you can give to chowchow and what chowchow can offer back to you...

that is so wonderful isnt it?!

enjoy~

p.s. i can only grab my siblings' chowchow to sniff for smells... it's like some "addict towards opium"