Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rachel's Maxxxxiiiieeee!

Real name or Nickname: Rachel

Age: 26

Gender: Female

Location: Singapore

My chowchow is called: Max/Max boy/Maxxxxiiieeeee

My chowchow is a...: Elephant. Actually Max has a companion stuck to his foot, and she's a mouse called Millie. But Millie is so tiny nobody really cares for her (including me and Max of course - that big bully).

Number of chowchow years it has lived: 3

History (and stories) of my chowchow: I saw Max sitting on a shelf in a bookshop (of all places!) but I had left without bringing him home that day. I was convinced that someone my age shouldn't be indulging in toys anymore. But as I found myself drawn back to that bookshop everyday after I walked away that first time, I knew then it was about time I took Max home.

That very same day I took Max off the shelves, me and him and a friend took off to Alleybar. Obviously Max's not much of a drinker (I wonder then where he gets his fat belly from) so he was just chilling being adored by everyone.

Max travels with me, watches tele with me, keeps me warm on the cold nights, watches me bash buttons on the Xbox, reads with me, snores with me, drools with me. Most importantly he's faithfully kept by my side when I was recovering from my heart surgery (apart from the nurses tearing him away from me!!).

We have laughed together, cried together, and obviously slept together. I ask him if he's been a good boy sometimes and he'll nod to everything I say but that cheeky smile on his face gives it all away - he takes every chance he gets to bully Millie! I may not care much for Millie but I suppose I care enough for her to stay alive. [ed: LOL!]

When was the last time your chowchow had a bath?: Hmm... that was sometime in January.

My family's relationship with my chowchow: My mom wants to kidnap Max all to herself. She talks to him sometimes but she calls him 'Elephant' and pulls his ears. Guess Max don't like that too much. My friends look at me with  strange eyes when I go on about Max but I know they love him too!

Finally, I love my chowchow because…: He has such a big belly and floppy ears. Sometimes when I'm upset his ears flop down in such a way that he looks sad too. He's been through so much with me and I think he's only starting to warm to the idea of going for swims (in the washing machine) because he knows he comes out all fluffed (which lasts about a day). I call it swimming and sunbathing; I think he calls it hell.

He's my tough little one with his big belly, bigger ears and the biggest heart (that is when he's not flinging poor Millie around)!

No comments: