Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Victoria's Bearny has its own chowchow!

Real name or Nickname: Victoria

Age: 20s

Gender: Female

Location: Singapore

My chowchow is called: Bearny or Teddy or Ah Bear (left) (right is Tigger, Bearny's chow chow)

My chowchow is a...: teddy bear that I got from a MacDonald's Happy Meal pack when I attended a cousin's birthday party years ago.

Number of chowchow years it has lived: 17 years

History (and stories) of my chowchow: It was my mum who asked me to keep the bear because she said it was very cute. At first, I thought it was so childish to keep a teddy bear but hey hey...Bearny is no ordinary teddy bear! He's a very cute, intelligent and sensible bear-person :) Check out his incredible charming smile!

Bearny enjoys watching TV and seeing the whole family tuck into meals. He is also very friendly and warm and enjoys giving everyone hugs and kisses but unfortunately, not everyone is willing to be kissed by him.

When I became increasingly busy with work and other commitments, I gave Bearny his own chowchow too- Tigger and he loves Tigger very much too and will always shower him with kisses and hugs.

When was the last time your chowchow had a bath?: Last Dec because my husband wanted him to be cleaner. Bearny hates to be bathed because he hates the water. In fact, whenever my mum wants to bathe him, he will mysteriously disappear until he's reassured that he's not going to be showered.

Actually, I prefer Bearny's own natural scent. I think he smells heavenly :)

My family's relationship with my chowchow: My family accepts Bearny wholeheartedly. They know he will always be there watching tv with them and even now that I'm married, I still bring Bearny home to visit my parents and they are happy to see him (but not smell him). My nephew (2 year old) gets very excited when he sees Bearny but I think I will not let him touch Bearny for now till he's older because during the last encounter, he(nephew) almost ripped off his (Bearny's) ears and paw. I panicked!

My bed partner's relationship with my chowchow: My husband has a love-hate relationship with Bearny. He has implemented a ruling system whereby Bearny is not supposed to be within 20cm near his face because he has a sensitive nose. But at the same time, he does sayang Bearny by patting his head or stroking his face when he's very obedient or says nice things like "Good night", etc.

Sometimes when we have arguments, Bearny is the one who mediates and we always end our squabbles very peacefully :)

Finally, I love my chowchow because…: Bearny is my very best friend (apart from my husband). He's my constant companion and has been to every other country that I've been to. The fact that he's rather small in built allows me to take him almost everywhere. Everytime I get on board an aircraft, I will always take him out (he's crazy about planes!) and no one will know cos it's our little secret :)

4 comments:

Sick said...

Bearny's chowchow tiger looks bigger than him! hehe very cute! Nice post!

Anonymous said...

haha. Actually they are of the same height when they stand up. But cos Bearny is always in a standing up position whereas Tigger is always seated...that gives the illusion Bearny is bigger and taller. :) But thanks for your comments!

Anonymous said...

Yo Queen Victoria, read your chow chow blog. Bearny is finally 'famous' on the www. You must take a photo of him in front of the computer / laptop reading his very own blog page and maybe even attempting to type a reply to his 'fan' mails. kekeke...

Serene

Anonymous said...

Bearny is super high tech. He sends his emails using his HP. :)