Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rachel's handmade chowchow

Real name or Nickname: Rachel

Age:
22

Gender: Female

Location:
Singapore

My chowchow is called:
chowchow/smellysmelly

My chowchow is a...:
bolster!

Number of chowchow years it has lived:
12

History (and stories) of my chowchow:
My first chowchow was a small pillow that I carried everywhere which my grandmother made for me. When I was 10yrs old, my godma became so fedup with me carrying a smelly and disgusting rag, she threw it away while we were on a family trip. I was so upset that I cried the whole trip home.

I couldn't get over it, my grandmother made me my second and current chowchow which is a bolster. It has been with me through secondary school, through university overseas and even now that I'm working, it is still with me :D

When was the last time your chowchow had a bath?:
A few years back. That time when it had a bath, I couldn't sleep without it! But as the cotton inside it was wet, I had to make do with it draped over a chair with a fan blowing at it to dry it at a faster speed. Intervals in the night I would wake up, touch my chowchow to assure myself it is there before falling asleep again.

My family's relationship with my chowchow:
My mother thinks its ridiculous @ 22 and makes comments when I sit at the computer with it draped over my shoulder! They are immune to the fact I have a chowchow. In fact, my brother has one so he can't make fun of me. Heh.

My bed partner's relationship with my chowchow:
My dog is perfectly fine sharing both me and my bedspace with my chowchow!

Finally, I love my chowchow because…:
it was specially and lovingly made for me by my grandmother. It holds my smell, my tears, my complaints, my crushes, my thoughts, my pain and my happiness. Sometimes when I hug it, I think of my grandma and I miss her so much. It has been many years since she's left this world, but I know that she will always be with me.

Chowchow still sleeps draped over my chest every night without fail and it will have that special place for years to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know that you are the only grand child one who has such special momento from grandmayou are very lucky ... I also have 1 small pillow made by her and I try to sneak into my luggage when I go chalet/vacations.- pat

Anonymous said...

siao.

Anonymous said...

I saw it lost cotton

-ilovehorseyrides